- Food Pantry: Join us in distributing food and basic hygiene items, assist with the intake process for WNS’s clients, assist with item selections, or help with the checkout process.
- Soup Kitchen: Assist with the serving of breakfast and lunch for our clients in need.
- Clothing Closet: Help to sort and shelve clothing or assist clients with selecting clothing.
- Food Delivery Assistant: Help to stock our shelves with food, toiletries, and clothing from food banks, businesses, organizations, and individuals.
- Christmas Baskets: Join us in assembling baskets and wrapping gifts and distributing them to families in need.
- Adult Education: Are you a chef, savvy computer user, or skilled resume writer? Consider teaching in Westminster’s new adult education program.
Early Childhood & Youth Education:
- Homework Help: Assist children in kindergarten through eighth grade with their homework during the school year.
- Mentor: Build a long-term relationship with a child and serve as a positive role model for them.
- Special Instructor: Share your special talents by teaching a class for children.
- Office Assistant: Serve as receptionist and special assistant to WNS’s education staff.
- Join the crew that maintains the building and grounds at WNS. Tasks vary.
Westminster Neighborhood Services, Inc., has volunteer opportunities for both groups and individuals, which can be tailored to fit your interests. Volunteers for all positions are required to participate in our general orientation and job-specific trainings.
We also have additional volunteer opportunities that aren’t listed above. Please contact us at 317.632.9785 to let us know you’re interested in becoming a Westminster volunteer and to learn more about additional volunteer opportunities.
Already know where you want to volunteer? Please complete the volunteer application and note what you’re interested in volunteering for. We’ll contact you about next steps.